Thursday, January 24, 2013



How do I love thee? Let me count the ways

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach,when feeling out of siht
For the ends of being and ideal grace
I love thee to the level of every days
Most quite need by the sun and candlelight
I love thee freely, as men strive for right
I love thee puerly as they turn from praise
I love thee with the possion put to use
In my grief and with my childhoods faith
I love thee with a love  I seemed to lose
With my lost saints I love thee with the breath
Smiles, tears of all my live! And if god choose
I shall but  I love thee better after death




 When I was one and twenty

When I was one and twenty
I heard a wise man say
Give crowns, and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away
Give pearls away and rubies
But keep your fance free
But I was one and twenty
No use to talk to me
When I was one and twenty
I herad him say again
The heart out of the bosom
Was never  given in a vein
This paid with sighs a plenty
And sold for endless rue’
And I am two and twenty
And oh, this true true

No comments:

Post a Comment